Olive View Sanatorium opened Oct. 27, 1920, as care facility for tuberculosis patients. In 1962 the San Fernando Valley’s first successful open-heart surgery was performed there. That same year, a brush fire that started at the Circle J Ranch in Saugus and where it took out Olive View’s infirmary-surgery building and two garages. Eight hundred patients were evacuated.
Little or nothing remains of the once strategic Olive View Sanitarium in Sylmar.
Most of the structures of the abandoned tuberculosis hospital were destroyed by fire in 1962, and the remainder wiped out in the Sayre Fire years later.
BUT we visited on a rainy Saturday evening.
Explored the surrounding remaining CREEPY buildings and ruins.
Also visit the ABANDONED Peterson Mini Golf Course built in 1967
ADDRESS: 14450 Olive View Drive. Sylmar, California.